We all fall off at some point in our lives but getting back on track is easier than you think! It is all controlling your mind and getting your body to follow suit. Lord knows throughout my journey I have falling off track quite a few times in regards to eating habits or working out but part of the journey is learning to get back on track and learning from your mistakes!!
Here are a couple quick tips to help you get back on track.
- Make a list. When you write down your goals it holds you more accountable. If you feel you need it send the list to a friend or family member to really hold you accountable. If you have social media or a blog share with your followers that will REALLY hold you accountable. When the whole world knows your goals, someone is sure to call you out when you don’t follow through!
- Make a daily to do list! And check everything off before you go to bed
- Drink lots of water. I mean LOTS
- Get plenty of sleep, how do you expect to accomplish your goals if you are constantly yawning or thinking about sleep.
- Get up early. If working out early doesn’t work for you then get up early and go for a walk, answer emails, read a book, meal prep etc. Whatever is going to help you get more accomplished
- Eat breakfast. So many people skip breakfast which makes NO SENSE TO ME. I don’t understand how anyone can skip a meal, I love food too much. You need food to fuel your body and give you energy to crush your goals! So don’t skip meals!
- Get moving! Go for a walk or get a solid workout in at the gym or do an at home workout. There is zero excuses now a days not to sweat everyday! There are so many free youtube videos or workouts on Pinterest so if you don’t belong to a gym you can still sweat! Even a walk around the neighborhood or at your local school track will help you!
- Prepare the night before. I always set up my coffee maker and get my oatmeal ready the night before, I also get my gym bag ready for the morning and lay out my outfit for work. If I have an event or dinner the next night I will also get that outfit ready.
- Make your bed everyday. If you can’t do something as simple as making your bed each day how do you expect to accomplish your bigger goals.
- Clean!! When I feel scrambled and overwhelmed I always clean my environment. Usually that is my apartment, office and car! When I am in a clean place and don’t see dishes, or garbage or clothes that need to be put away I am able to focus on what needs to be done.
- Spoil yourself! Sometimes when you fall off track you need to remind yourself of your worth. So go shopping and buy the shoes or the purse youve been wanting. Schedule a spa day or have an at home spa day. Take a bath and do a mask! Whatever makes you feel good.
- Before bed I always add oils to a diffuser and let it run for about an hour. Settles me in and I always get a good night sleep
- Peppermint shower. Turn on the shower and add a couple drops of peppermint oil. – Truly clears your sinuses and is very relaxing
- Pacifica Deep Mud Mask and a hot bath with a bath bomb – so relaxing!
Please keep sharing your tips ! I love hearing from you guys and discovering new ways to get back on track. We all fall off once in a while but it is important to remember this is a lifestyle and we are all human. Just make sure you get back on track and keep working towards your goals!!